Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

channel grouping e1 pri....

HI,

I want to devide e1 pri in two groups i.e 1mpbs each,

while doing this i have a doubt about signalling channel 15, whts the right way of grouping,

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-15

channel-group 16 timeslots 16-31

is this a right way or i have to exclude 15th timeslot??? ie

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-14,16

channel-group 17 timeslots 17-31

thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: channel grouping e1 pri....

Hi.

When you define channel groups, the timeslots you group are "data" timeslots. The E1 signalling channel is not included. What I mean is, timeslot #15 as a parameter on the channel-group command is not the signalling channel of the E1. So you can do it like your first option, that is:

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-15

channel-group 16 timeslots 16-31

Rgds.

NM

HI

i have grouped it as 1-15 n 16-31 using channel-group command, now i want to use these serial interfaces( serial 1/0:1, serial 1/0:16) as backup dial-out interfaces for my primary LLs, i tried creating a dialer interface for these but i cant associate it with these serial interfaces. wht is the mechanism to use them for dialing out.

can u explain this plz...thanks

Hi.

Please check the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/793/access_dial/ddr_dialer_profile.html

I don't like to give this easy answer, but in this case it's easier for you to understand how to configure it. I believe you can treat your serials as normal ISDN interfaces (BRIs or full PRIs, because ISDN signalling is still there!).

If you want to use them as backup interfaces, you can use floating static routes, backup interface (use your dialer interfaces as backup, not your serials) or dialer-watch.

If you need further help, let me know.

Rgds.

NM

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content