Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

check the input/output rate of the serial interface

hi, I got a problem.

My coustomers always complain that their WAN is slow and want me to check the real speed for them. But they do not want any other external software available.

I know I can use "show interafec" and "sh ip accounting output" to accomplish it, but all of them have their own limits. For example, the "show interface" only has 5-minutes bit/s and packets/s, but I want the current and any interval bits/s rate.

Is any configuration to do ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: check the input/output rate of the serial interface

You can reduce the interface average down to a minimum of 30 seconds instead of the default five minutes. Do this with "load-interval 30" on the interface you want to change. This will show the most current load information possible.

The router does not keep utilization level history beyond this. For that, you need an external software package of some sort.

Hi

As jason told u can change the time interval to 30sec instead of 5 mins,i hve faced the same type of probs once here.wht i did is i took a win2k pro pc connected directly to the routers ethernet port with a cross cable and started doing simultaneous downloads+FTPs from various sites since Win2k is having the dynamic buffer it will adjust with the data transfer. by doing this u can remove all his lan components out and check utilization level.hope this may help.

Regds

prem

Thank u very much.

Views
Helpful
Replies