Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 1605-R, PPPOE, DDR, Idle-Timeout

I have configured a 1605-R box (IOS 12.2.8T1) to establish a PPPOE session to Deutsche Telekom (German Carrier) via T-DSL . Everything is working fine, but i miss two essential Features:

1. Dial-on-Demand Routing

2. Dialer Idle-Timeout

Therefore i have to open and close the PPPOE Session manually by CLI.

Are there any plans to implement the two functions described above?

Thanks

Dirk

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Cisco 1605-R, PPPOE, DDR, Idle-Timeout

You should be able to specify the idle timeout under the virtual-template or dialer interface, whichever you are using for the PPPoE functionality. Not sure what other features you want with "Dial on Demand Routing". However, I would think that any session being timed out will simply cause the client to re-connect immediately, so I'm not sure how effective a timer will be.

Because my ISP charges are based on the amount of time the automatic PPPoE Client reconnect ist exactly the problem. Dial-on-Demand Routing for PPPoE Client is implemented in the Cisco 8xx and SOHO77/78:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_fix/827/827rlnts/820feat.htm#xtocid40

I need the same function for my 1605-R box.

Bronze

Sorry,

I think thats the right syntax, isn't it?

pppoe-client dial-pool-number number [dial-on-demand]

Problem is that the [dial-on-demand] keyword is not available on my 1605-R with 12.2.8T

Bronze

Views
Helpful
Replies