cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1605r Ethernet 1 Problems>?

e-estevez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am getting a lot of troubles with a cisco 1605r, I configure this device to provide NAT, a few days ago in my log server I was receiving that this router is getting late collisions on the interface Ethernet 1, I replace the router with another one, with the same cables, etc. and works ok.

Now I'm trying to fix the router and I can't find why suddently starts to fail, if connect the router interface ethernet 1 to a windows 2000 the nic goes up and down every 2 seconds, I replace the cable with another one and I got the same problem, I assume that the ethernet interface is damage, but I certaninly don't know.

Anybody can help me to determine if the ethernet interface is damage or I am doing something wrong.

Best Regards.

3 Replies 3

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

Double check your speed and duplex settings on both the router and switch/hub. Do't assume that they are the same.

Tsasbrink
Level 1
Level 1

Check you config on e0 and transfer this to be identical to e1, than the results in connecting should be identical to if not sorry, damaged.

RGZ

Tom

I did check the speed and mode of the interface, but in this router the speed and the mode are fixed, I have erased the configuration, loaded a new IOS image, replaced the media, if the interface is damaged, how can I repair the interface, can I use the AUI from the ethernet 0 as a second interface?

Best Regards.