Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 1605r Ethernet 1 Problems>?

Hi, I am getting a lot of troubles with a cisco 1605r, I configure this device to provide NAT, a few days ago in my log server I was receiving that this router is getting late collisions on the interface Ethernet 1, I replace the router with another one, with the same cables, etc. and works ok.

Now I'm trying to fix the router and I can't find why suddently starts to fail, if connect the router interface ethernet 1 to a windows 2000 the nic goes up and down every 2 seconds, I replace the cable with another one and I got the same problem, I assume that the ethernet interface is damage, but I certaninly don't know.

Anybody can help me to determine if the ethernet interface is damage or I am doing something wrong.

Best Regards.

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Cisco 1605r Ethernet 1 Problems>?

Double check your speed and duplex settings on both the router and switch/hub. Do't assume that they are the same.

Check you config on e0 and transfer this to be identical to e1, than the results in connecting should be identical to if not sorry, damaged.

RGZ

Tom

I did check the speed and mode of the interface, but in this router the speed and the mode are fixed, I have erased the configuration, loaded a new IOS image, replaced the media, if the interface is damaged, how can I repair the interface, can I use the AUI from the ethernet 0 as a second interface?

Best Regards.

Views
Helpful
Replies