cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1720 help

jwynn
Level 1
Level 1

What is the command or how do I add the commands to the router that will allow a public ip address to pass through the router on a box that is doing NAT?

Basically I want an IP address 204.x.x.1 ->cisco->204.x.x.1 and use the same IP address on the inside of my network.

thanks

4 Replies 4

MickPhelps
Level 1
Level 1

To answer the basic question of, what commands will allow a public IP to pass through a router doing NAT:

When you use NAT, you will have an access-list that defines the inside addresses that will be NATed (with the exception of static NAT). If you omit or deny inside addresses from this access-list, they will not be NATed.

I'm not clear about what you're trying to accomplish, nor where the 204.x.x.0 network "lives".

Mick.

Sorry for the poor questioning -

Let me see if I can phrase this a bit more clearly. I want to introduce a public ip address into my private network. Basically, I want to exclude a public address from being NATed.

Jonathan

As the other user said, you can choose who gets natted and who dosent by access lists. So you could create an acess list that denies the 204.x.x.x subnet in the nat process. This would be in the Ip nat outside statement.

Steve,

Thanks for the information...I just need to create the ip nat outside statment. Can you give me an example?

thanks

Jonathan