cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1721 Router Enabling Problems

wuz-man
Level 1
Level 1

So I have configured this 1700 series router accordingly to this objective list I received. I got through the last command, Show Run, and it worked. I logged out and went home. When I came back the next day I turned on the router and it asked me the password to access it. I did so. From there I typed enable and got an error: %NO AUTHENTICATION SERVER RUNNING. Is there a way to fix this or a way to crash and reload the router without having to enable all the commands, because I can't. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

randyhorn
Level 1
Level 1

You need to get to rommon>, when you are consoled into the router, restart it and hit the break sequence within the first 10 seconds. After that a prompt will display rommon>, you then type confreg 0x2142 (enter) then restart. That should let you bypass all configs and configure the router enough for tftp. TFTP the startup-config down to your computer, open it in a text editor, and look at the aaa portion of the config.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

randyhorn
Level 1
Level 1

You need to get to rommon>, when you are consoled into the router, restart it and hit the break sequence within the first 10 seconds. After that a prompt will display rommon>, you then type confreg 0x2142 (enter) then restart. That should let you bypass all configs and configure the router enough for tftp. TFTP the startup-config down to your computer, open it in a text editor, and look at the aaa portion of the config.