cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1721 Router Enabling Problems

wuz-man
Level 1
Level 1

So I have configured this 1700 series router accordingly to this objective list I received. I got through the last command, Show Run, and it worked. I logged out and went home. When I came back the next day I turned on the router and it asked me the password to access it. I did so. From there I typed enable and got an error: %NO AUTHENTICATION SERVER RUNNING. Is there a way to fix this or a way to crash and reload the router without having to enable all the commands, because I can't. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

randyhorn
Level 1
Level 1

You need to get to rommon>, when you are consoled into the router, restart it and hit the break sequence within the first 10 seconds. After that a prompt will display rommon>, you then type confreg 0x2142 (enter) then restart. That should let you bypass all configs and configure the router enough for tftp. TFTP the startup-config down to your computer, open it in a text editor, and look at the aaa portion of the config.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

randyhorn
Level 1
Level 1

You need to get to rommon>, when you are consoled into the router, restart it and hit the break sequence within the first 10 seconds. After that a prompt will display rommon>, you then type confreg 0x2142 (enter) then restart. That should let you bypass all configs and configure the router enough for tftp. TFTP the startup-config down to your computer, open it in a text editor, and look at the aaa portion of the config.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: