Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 1900 Series hangs during boot - help needed

I am currently working with a cisco 1900 series switch for some studying project. Unfortunately the switch won't boot. During boot led 16x goes off and then on again after 2 seconds (or something like that). After this all leds are "on" except for the RPS led (cause I use the normal power supply). At this stage the switch seems to hang. I can't access the cli or setup menu using a standard console cable (from a 1600 series router). The only thing I am able to enter is the Cisco Systems Diagnostic Console. I allready used the Diagnotic Console the reset to factory defaults and reset the main console rs232 interface back to default values.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem? HELP!

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Cisco 1900 Series hangs during boot - help needed

Check for baud rate settings in the PC whcih you are using to connect the console of the switch. Also try with baud ratings like 19200 and so as it may be also due to the change in the cosole port speed change, which might have happened accidentally

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/9.html

Views
Helpful
Replies