Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

sra

Cisco 2500 not booting

Hello everybody,

Last week I got an old 2500, with some unknown enable password. I did the procedure for resetting the password, botted, logged in but saw that the IOS was an old one. So I updated the IOS, but my big mistake was I didnt save the old one. The second mistake was that the new IOS is not compatible with the 2500, so now I cant boot it anymore except in bootstrap mode. The router has only 4Mb flash and I searched all company's 2500 ciscos, but couldn't find a small enough image.

My question is: what is my chance to find somewhere a Cisco 2500(68030) IOS smaller than 4MB ? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,

Stefan Radovanovici

sra@rtsffm.com

5 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Cisco 2500 not booting

I have not looked for an image less than 4M but I do beleive that they exist, pre 11.2. Although IP plus is not an option, i.e. no nat. The flash is similar to a dimm chip. You could just get a larger flash. 8MB flash strips go for about $20 on ebay.

Kevin

Cisco Employee

11.1(x) needs only 4mB flash 11.2(x) and above needs 8mB and higher

Blue

But note that both 11.1 and 11.2 are already End of Engineering.

sra

The thing is I just need to make the router running now, it doesnt matter what IOS it is running (11.1 is fine). I will upgrade the flash later, but I dont know how to get a hold of a 11.1 IOS for 2500, that's my problem :(

Any suggestions ?

sra

Anybody ? :)

Views
Helpful
Replies