cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2522 Booting Problems

lincolnp1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, upon bootup the router issues the following error & continues the exact process:

"System Bootstrap, Version 11.0(10c), SOFTWARE

Copyright (c) 1986-1996 by cisco Systems

2500 processor with 14336 Kbytes of main memory

Local Timeout (control reg=0x118) Error, address: 0x2130002 at 0x1010AA0 (PC)"

I tested the memory & its tests fine on another router. Can anyone shed some light on what I should next ...

Regards

Lincoln

9 Replies 9

Hi Prafuljaded,

thank you very much for the response. I really appreciate your time & effort.

I used the advise in the provided document but always end up with the same error msg. I'm guessing that this may have something to do with the mother board ...

Thanks

Lincoln

The document says to check whether its a software bug or any incompatible IOS bootup. Also check the ventilation and air conditioning.

At this popint in the boot process, the 2500 looks to flash for an IOS. There seems to be a problem with the flash memory itself, or possible curruption of the IOS stored in flash.

Try booting into ROM mode by issuing a break, and then try to reload an IOS.

Good luck,

Joe

in rom monitor mode

> o/r 0x2102

>

>i

i hope try with this

Have you tried replacing the flash?

Thanks for all the replies while I was away. I was on a weeks study leave & successfully passed the CCDA exam on Friday - what a load off my shoulders.

I did try the 0x2102 registry cmd & other combinations also, but did no help.

The memory & flash was swopped with working memory & flash but received the exact same error. It has got to be the mother board ...

Now! God damn!

I encountered the exactly same promble of you!

My poor 2522! 8-(

Hi, I was in the end unable to resolve this problem. We suspect the board to be a problem as the flash & memory worked on another router ...

Regards

Lincoln

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: