Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 2600 and 4 BRI isdn interfaces

Hi guys,

We have a Cisco 2600 router with 4 BRI interfaces, on every BRI have been associated 37 Dialer (all the sames for every BRI). At first i noticed that everytime a connection must be established and this is the first or the second it is always enabled on the BRI1/3 even if BRI1/2, BRI1/1, BRI1/0 are not used. Enabling the level 3 debug for ISDN with command DEBUG ISDN Q931, i noticed that when a problem occurs at central site or when the BRI1/3 interface is down for some reason and a connection must be established, the BRI1/3 is being used. Obviously an error is issued in the trace and the message is that 'BRI1/3 is not available'. In this case the router is not able to use a BRI interface different than BRI1/3 and i wonder why it can't switch to a different interface. When this problem occurs a remote connection cannot be established and this is a real issue.

When we are in a situation like this, the only way i found to make it working is to remove all the dialer from BRI1/3 interface.

As far as you know, is there a way to tell the router to use a different interface in such a case ? I would appreciate any help very much.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Maurizio Padrin(RCS - Milan, Italy)

1 REPLY

Re: Cisco 2600 and 4 BRI isdn interfaces

It seems i found a way to give a priority to the BRI interfaces. In case one interface is not working properly or problems arise on the line itself (i.e. no channel available), the connection is established using a different BRI interface. I already used the command DIALER POOL-MEMBER xxx but this time i added one parameter to it:

Interface BRI 1/0

DIALER POOL-MEMBER xxx PRIORITY xxx ( which assign a priority to each dialer profile on this interface, obviously you need an entry like this for every dialer profile)

Maurizio Padrin (RCS, Milan - System Engineer)

Views
Helpful
Replies