Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2610 Power

New to this, please move question if needed.

I'm planning to take my CCNA exam and feels like books are not enough and wanted to buy real CISCO equipment, particularly Cisco 2610 Router.

I need to know before I buy the router how much additional dollars will this thing put in my electricity bill if I keep it on for a whole day.

Please let me know.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ryan Gadwood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

lumuluhang_payaso,

The Cisco 2610 is rated 75W so .075kW. You'll have to look at your electric bill for what they charge per kWh. Mine for example is $.126110/kWh. So if I were to run this 24 hours a day for a month(30 days). .075*720hrs=54kWh. 54kWh*.126110=6.80. I would be looking at about $6.80 more a month. Obviously you don't have to keep it on for 24 hours a day so the amount can vary. It'll depend where you live but you should be able to just replace the kWh hour your electric company charges you to figure out the correct amount for your area. Hope this helps.

Ryan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ryan Gadwood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

lumuluhang_payaso,

The Cisco 2610 is rated 75W so .075kW. You'll have to look at your electric bill for what they charge per kWh. Mine for example is $.126110/kWh. So if I were to run this 24 hours a day for a month(30 days). .075*720hrs=54kWh. 54kWh*.126110=6.80. I would be looking at about $6.80 more a month. Obviously you don't have to keep it on for 24 hours a day so the amount can vary. It'll depend where you live but you should be able to just replace the kWh hour your electric company charges you to figure out the correct amount for your area. Hope this helps.

Ryan

Ryan,

Yes it did helped a lot. It looks like Montgomery County MD is handled by PEPCO, which charges, $0.139/ kWh.

Oh by the way, thank you for the fast resonse and help.