Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

cisco 2611 VIC-2FXO with ip phones

i have a 2611 with 64mb ram, and 16mb flash ios with keyswitch, will this VIC allow internal IP Phones to make outbound calls to a pots?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11185&item=2074332327&rd=1

4 REPLIES

Re: cisco 2611 VIC-2FXO with ip phones

I cannot view the link, for the time being....But yes a VIC-2FXO has 2 FXO ports, each of which can be connected to PSTN or to a PBX. and you can place calls to the PSTN cloud. By configuring this VIC, it will only do the job of placing calls to PSTN. Registering the IP phones, and diverting the calls to PSTN, can be achieved only by configuring keyswitch features as well as dial peers for dialing the calls.

You will also need a Voice network module to insert the FXO VIC such as a NM-1V which takes your above mentiond VIC-2FXO.

so what your saying is that is all i need to make outbound calls. just hook up a phone line to it say from a regular phone and then thats it, that would be the line out to the phone company?

yep. thats right.

Views
Helpful
Replies