Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2620XM keeps resetting its time & date

gerry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco 2620XM router that resets its time and date each night. Does anyone have any idea why? I configured it using the clock set hh:mm:ss dd mmmm yyyy command. It is configured to use the time-range command to allow internet access during working hours. When I set the correct time and date, it keeps them for the day, then at some time during the night, it resets to 7:50 am 1993 (or somewhere around that time and date, I think it sets back to the original factory defaults)

If anybody has any ideas, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Gerry

4 Replies 4

deilert
Level 6
Level 6

are you sure the box is not losing power each night ?

HI Deilert,

That I can't be sure of. It is conected directly to the mains. Would a power outage reset the configuration of just the clock settings?

Gerry

Issuing a should tell you whether the router was reloaded and why. The 2600 series routers contain a software clock not a calendar (hardware clock). As a result, the time is set to back to Jan 1993 when reloaded. Using NTP will enable the router to set the software clock appropriately following a reload.

Thanks for the information, I connected the router yesterday to a UPS and haven't heard of any problems since. The next time I am there I will set the NTP so it will check for the correct time.

Thanks

Gerry