Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 26xx Series Redunduncy Routing Trouble

Sergey_P.N.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a big network with redundancy links. And I face troubles with reservation of routes (IP routing).

Here the simple example of the problem.

I have two routers (26xx series): R1 and R2, that are connected with two networks (see fig.1 in attachment file-small part of the network). These routers have connections to another routers via E1 streams. OSPF is running on routers. In some time, one link between routers is broken, and network, that is connected to each router is subdivided for two segments (see fig.2) - SegA and SegB.

Question1: is there any method to perform access from hosts in SegA to hosts in SegB via SegC/SegD (hosts in SegA/SegB are belong to the same network)?

Question2: is there any method to perform access to hosts in SegA and SegB from external router, connected via E1 stream to router R2 (in my example I have access only for segB - best route path discovered by OSPF)?

Best Regards...

2 Replies 2

Patrick Laidlaw
Level 4
Level 4

Sergey,

Could you post a little more information about your addressing. Is SegA and SegB different subnets or are they the same. Plus is your ospf domain setup with a single area or multiple areas.

Patrick

Patrick,

SegA and SegB are the same subnet.

OSPF is configured for one single area.

SegC and SegD are belong to another subnet.

Each E1 Route is another one subnet.