Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 2924, trunking and 1417 router

Hi,

I am looking for help on a vlan/trunking issue. I have a 2924 switch I have created 3 vlans on, and one trunked port back to a cisco 1417 adsl router. I have the vlans configured and ready to add the ports, but my question is if the 1417 supports dot1q or ISL vlans, or do I have to use a multi-vlan config on the port going to the router to get to my hosts.

background info: I have a 1417 adsl router handling NAT for two 10.x.x.x subnets (wired and wireless), as well as passing through a routable IP (63.x.x.x) for a VPN end node. the eth0 port is attached to the 2924, currently with no vlan implementation. I wish to seperate the traffic.

1 REPLY

Re: Cisco 2924, trunking and 1417 router

hi

AFAIK i dont think it supports the feature which you require here also it has reached EOL/EOS status so i dont think you will be able to get any support for the device.

I feel you can configure 2 different ip address under the ethernet interface one as primary and the other one as secondary but in that case i dont think you can differentiate them as different vlans in the L2 switch.

If you want to have different vlans setup and want to have Dot1q support you need to go for Cisco 1720 series router with IP PLUS image set installed on that.

Meanwhile you can refer this link where the different config samples using 1400 series routers has been discussed..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps202/prod_configuration_examples_list.html

regds

Views
Helpful
Replies