Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco-2950-24 switch

manoj.jain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i m facing problem in particular one switch.In clustering environment of same series of switches (Catalyst 2950G-24-EI Switch ),if i put a particular one switch my network got jammed and all the switch LED blink very fastly & when i remove this particular switch everything is normal.

so plz help me , is this problem due to this particular switch and plz tell where is problem too.

thanx in advance

6 Replies 6

sounds a problem of loop to me .that switch which u r connecting works fine when its a standalone switch ?

regards

Abhishek

If this is a problem of looping in that ..so plz guide me hw to check weather any looping is there or not? Thanx

Hi

The switch which u r connecting is it having redundant links.To stop loops first disconnect redundant links.

Thanks

Mahmood

humm remove all the network cable and then add that switch . moreover does this swwitch works fine when its standalone ??

regards

Abhishek

yes its working fine,with standalone but when i cascade with other switch .all the switch LED blinking very fast and Jam the traffic

also there is no other redundatn link,just only its is connected with other switch by gigabit port.

Thanx

try to change the speed setting and duplex setting

regards

Abhishek