Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

cisco 2950 switch and cisco airbr340 bridge

I bought a cisco switch 2950 to replace a small hub that was being used at my work place. The current settings are:

Cisco Bridge Airbr340 plugged into the hub, then all the computers are plugged into the hub. All using a straight through cabling, and cat5.

I attempted to unplug all from the hub, and just plug them into the switch as is. I got green activity lightes on all, but no one could connect to the network.

I then put a cross over cable between the bridge and plugged users in, and got the same problem.

I then plugged the regular st cable back into the bridge, plugged that into the hub, and then took a cross over to the switch, and then plugged one user in , and they were screaming with connections. But the minute that I plugged another user in, all came to a halt.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong and what the problem might be????

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY

Re: cisco 2950 switch and cisco airbr340 bridge

Although the posting is a bit confusing, this looks like a typical spanning-tree problem.

First you have to be 100% certain that there are no loops in your topology. Having a loop will stop all traffic forwarding to the looped ports.

Try configuring spantree portfast on all ports. This makes clients connect faster to the server.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content