Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

cisco 2950 switch not comes up

Dear experts ,,

We recently purchase a brand new cisco 2950 switch , but when i conncet its console port with my serial port for configuration via hyperterminal , its not shows me anything and shows me blank screen , i gives the hyperterminal parameter as given in manual ,, like ::

baud-rate = 9600,

stop-bit = 1, databit = 8 ,,,,

but nothing comes up ,,,,,

with the same console cable i successfully connect my cisco 3640 router,,, kindly tell me what i am missing ,,,,

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: cisco 2950 switch not comes up

With the console cable connected, power off the switch. Now, power it on, do you see anything on the console??

Anonymous
N/A

No i didnt see any thing ,, except a cursor that is blinking contineuosly ,,,,, and my hyper Terminal show me connected status ,, but nothing appears ,, i dont understand what is connected

I have the same switch and although the console port did work at one time it no longer works at all. If I change the port speeds to 2400 then I get one character displayed onscreen. I know it has to be the correct com port but I have no luck at 9600. The switch works ok but I can't configure it through any other port. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Jim

Views
Helpful
Replies