We have installed a Cisco 2950 switch onto an existing network. The problem we have is that if we set the uplink port to 100MbFD the performance is impacted. This is not the first switch we have connected on this network but is the first one to cause us any problems. The IOS is 12.1(13)EA1.
Once the switch is set to Auto config, there are no performance problems and I need to know if anyone has had similar problems or can advise why this is an issue.
The other end is connected to a Cisco 3548xl. This was configured to 100MbFD as well. I checked that both ends were set to 100MbFD before installing the switch. It was only after I changed both ends to Auto that the problem was fixed.
After Auto negotiation it reports that the link is auto negotiating at 100MbFD. The 2 switches are about 10 metres apart linked by a crossover cable. This cable was previously used in a Cisco 2924M without any problems.
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...