Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3550 Catalyst switch giving a lot of packet drops

amit_shalini
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am having problem with cisco 3550 switch. it's giving me a lot of packet drops. 3 days back i started facing this problem and as i was not able to find out any reason i replaced the switch with a new one but again today the new switch has started giving me the same problem.

i can see right now that on port fa 0/20 there are around 729 packets/ sec as input and 716 packets/sec as the putput rate. is this fine ?

2 Replies 2

arvindchari
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Amit

One of the following might help you out!

What is the status of the other counters when you do a "show interface fa0/20" ?

Do the speed + duplex settings match on both ends of the trunk link (or the link between the two switches) ?

Do packets drop when you are pinging from switch to switch or within the same switch ?

HTH

Arvind

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Amith,

you mean to say that your fas 0/20 port alone is dropping the packets in both the switches, is that the same PC connected on fas 0/20? if so try to replace with the new PC & check whether the packet drop is happening or not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: