Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 3560 Bandwidth Control.

Hello, would anyone know what the best way to control the output bandwidth on a per-port basis on the 3560? The Service-Policy input command together with the police command works well on the input traffic - however,we have a router which is connected to this switch and need to control the bandwidth from this port out to each of all the other ports. The increments need to be controlled in 64K chunks.

If the 3560 cannot do this, what other Cisco switch would?

I have looked at traffic shaping, but what I want is the equivalent of a Service-Policy Out statment in conjuntion with a police statment, which rather bizarrely is not allowed on this switch.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES

Re: Cisco 3560 Bandwidth Control.

Have you investigated the 'srr-queue bandwidth limit' command? Or if you need match criteria, look into the 'srr-queue bandwidth share' command (classify then shape).

Thanks for your reply - I have tested with the srr-queue commands, but in live testing it does not give me as good results as the police command. I have subsequently found that the 3750 Metro switch and above support the Service-Policy Output command.....

So even the percentage method isn't as good as the police to value method? Hmm, that's good to know.

Looks like they took a step backwards; the 3550 supports (or at least used to support) binding a service policy to an egress interface.

Views
Helpful
Replies