Level 1

Hi,

i have a cisco router 3640 running the following software :

c3640-is-mz.122-1a.bin

and having RAM of 64 MB.

-the first slot is equipped with one ethernet and two serial interfaces module

-the second slot is equipped with four serial interfaces module

-the third slot is equipped with 2 Channelized E1/PRI port(s) module

-the fourth slot is equipped with 2 Voice FXO interface(s) hsoted in High density module

i am plannning to remove the four serial interfaces module and replace it by OC-3c/STM-1 Single-Mode Intermediate Reach module.

my question : is 3640 router able to handle or support , as a hardwrae wise , 2 Channelized E1/PRI port(s) module and OC-3c/STM-1 Single-Mode Intermediate Reach module at the same time ? if yes what are the recommendations ?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Regards,

Ali.

2 Replies 2

jolmo
Level 4
Level 4

Here you are the system requirements for this module:

- Requires "Plus" Feature sets of IOS Release 12.0(3)T or above

- Maximum of one ATM OC-3 network module supported on 2691, 3600 and 3725.

- No additional Flash or DRAM memory requirements other then the Cisco IOS release 12.0(3)T Plus feature set specified minimum memory requirements

- Operates in conjunction with all currently available Cisco 2600, 3600 and 3700 network modules and WAN interface cards (WICs)

- No slot placement restrictions on all platforms

- Recommended maximum of two high-speed network modules in a Cisco 3640 (includes Fast Ethernet, ATM, HSSI)

Anyway, I would increase RAM size (specially if your using your CE1/PRI modules for ISDN). This a recommendation of my own.

HTH

Thks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: