Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 3660 and two 3500XL

I have a 3660 configured with two FastEthernet interfaces and one Ethernet.

The Ethernet is directly connected to the Internet.

FastEthernet0/0 is connected to a server network, actually it is split into several VLANs. Physically the FastEthernet0/0 is connected to a 3512XL which connects all the servers together.

The other FastEthernet interface, 1/0, is connected to a 3548 where the clients are connected. This interface is split into several VLANs as well, one for "normal" users, one for Wireless Clients and so forth.

Now, we're doing a testing with VoIP clients. Of course, the clients will be connected to the 3548 switch and into FastEthernet1/0.x

The H.323 Gatekeeper on the other hand is housed in the server rack and so is connected to the 3512 switch. Now, I want the server and clients to be on the same subnet.

Is this possible?

I thought of creating say subinterface for the VoIP network for the clients and then another for the server and doing a ip unnumbered on that one.

example config:

! Interface connected to 3512

interface FastEthernet0/0.5

encapsulation dot1q 5

ip address 192.168.50.1 255.255.255.0

cdp enable

interface FastEthernet1/0.5

encapsulation dot1q 5

ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0.5

is the above possible?

I understand that one way would be to connect the two switches directly, but I do not wish to do that (long distance among other things)...

thanks

/Kristian

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Cisco 3660 and two 3500XL

I strongly believe that this configuration won't work according to your requirement. Because, in routers the configuration for Inter-VLAN routing is applicable to that configured interface only.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content