Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3662 RAS hangs in autoconfigure

m.heart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a Cisco 3662 router with 6 NM-16AM that I am using for remote access server. Recently, I have encountered two problems:

1) Two of the modems will not accept incoming calls, but I can dial out from them. I have tried reseting them with the AT&F command, but that doesn't help it any, I have marked them as BAD.

2) The router hangs every 6-7 hours or so while trying to autoconfigure the modems. I can see this with "sh processes cpu" where the CPU load goes up to around 70% and there are one or more instances of autoconfigure in the command output of the "sh processes cpu". When this happens other users connected to the Access Server are unable to send or receive data! The only solution then is to restart the router (it kind of feels like Microsoft!)

Can anyone help me out with this?

Best,

Mick

2 Replies 2

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Often times complex troubleshooting issues are best addressed in an interactive session with one of our trained technical assistance engineers. While other forum users may be able to help, it’s often difficult to do so for this type of issue.

To utilize the resources at our Technical Assistance Center, please visit http://www.cisco.com/tac and to open a case with one of our TAC engineers, visit http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

jduffek
Level 1
Level 1

It is obvious that you have some software issues. Please provide a "sh ver | i IOS". I searched the cco bug search for cpu issues with autoconfigure...or atleast I thought I was...and am having problems finding good matches.

I would, however, say that upgrading to some more recent code(I recall some old bugs we fixed that match your description), unless that is what you are running, might solve your problem. If you would rather us find the specifics for you we should look at:

sh ver | i IOS

sh modem ver

sh run

sh line

sh proc cpu

!get the pid for the autoconfigure process

sh stack X !x=pid

debug confmodem

term mon

clear line X

Josh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: