cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4000 4700-M capabilities? T1

tiredofthis
Level 1
Level 1

I have the above mentioned set up in my lab. I need to connect to a T1. Is there a T1 DSU/CSU module available for this series router, or is there another type of adapter or module that I would have to use to make it accessible?

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

If its a lab setup, between 2 router, you can use NM-4T module or NM-2T module with 4 or 2 ports respectively, and connect them using a back to back serial cable. The pin is db-60 type

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Here is the deal. I have a T1 coming in a day or two. The router that we are going to use is a 4000 series 4700-M. We have upgraded the memory, the only thing missing is the connect for the T1. Will the NM-4T or NM-2T modules work for this?

NM-4T has 4 serial ports while NM-2T has 2 serial ports, each of which can be used for a T1. But each port needs an external CSU/DSU. YOu would need to runa db-60 to v.35 cable from router serial port to the CSU. THe T1 demarc will be connected to the CSU .

router -s0-----serial cable----CSUDSU----Rj45 cable-----T1demarc.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

thanks shank, I'll give it a try and let you know how it turns out.

Hi,

I messed up the part number. Its not NM, its NP.

So the correct part numbers are NP-4t and NP-2t

Apologize for the error.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: