Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 4506 getting restarted

I have Cisco 4506 with Sup V. It is has been joined with one of the VTP domain, but the switch is in Client mode. There are around 10 switches which are connecteing to that switch with trunk ports.

The switches which are connecting, some are in Transparent Mode and some in Client mode.

This switch is a root switch. The problem what I am facing with this switch is it has got hanged twice and restarted once. There is no config changes which are been made since it has been installed.

Can anybody please help me out.

6 REPLIES

Re: Cisco 4506 getting restarted

When it restarted, was there any useful information in the show vers about why it restarted?

You mention the VTP domain. Is there something that leads you to believe the problem is related to the VTP domain?

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

No I could not see anything which could tell me the reason.

I have mentioned VTP domain because I had a doubt that this might also create a problem.

What do you think could be reasons which make this 4506 switch to restart

have you physically changed the switch from one place to another, because even an voltage problem could also lead in such situationz, apart from this, you also try upgrading the OS in the switch. becuase changing the VTP domain it is not at all possible in making a switch getting restarted or hang.

rate this post if this information is helpful.

I havent changed the location of Switch, I have purchased that switch only 8 months back, it is running 12.25(EWA). And upto my knowledge it is the latest IOS.

Cisco Employee

Can you post outputs of

sh ver

sh platform crashdump

I have attached the results of both the commands.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content