Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VIP Purple

Cisco 6509 MSFC not accessible

Hello colleagues,

I have a Catalyst 6509 running CatOS, and when I type ´sess 15´in order to access the MSFC, I get a ´Module 15 not installed´ message. When I type ´switch console´ I can access the MSFC but it is in ROMMON mode.

When I type ´dir bootflash´ from the ROMMON prompt, I can see that there is only a C6MSFC2-boot file. I know that I need to have e.g. a c6msfc2-jo3sv-mz.121-13.E4 image in bootflash in order for the MSFC to work. But how do I get the image into bootflash ? I tried to TFTP it into bootflash from the CatOS command prompt, but I don´t see it in the bootflash directory accessible from the ROMMON prompt of the MSFC after that.

I basically need an instruction on how to get a 6509 with a Supervisor II and an MSFC to work. I checked the Cisco website but could only find to change back from Native to Hybrid. Does anybody have an idea or a good link ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Georg

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Cisco 6509 MSFC not accessible

From the rommon, boot off with the Boot image and then use TFTP to download c6msfc2-jo3sv-mz.121-13.E4 to the MSFC2 bootflash

Cisco Employee

In boot mode, only one vlan can be active and there is no ip routing, so it is just like 2950 switch if you trying to use the tftp or ftp..

Views
Helpful
Replies