Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 6509 MSFC not accessible

Hello colleagues,

I have a Catalyst 6509 running CatOS, and when I type ´sess 15´in order to access the MSFC, I get a ´Module 15 not installed´ message. When I type ´switch console´ I can access the MSFC but it is in ROMMON mode.

When I type ´dir bootflash´ from the ROMMON prompt, I can see that there is only a C6MSFC2-boot file. I know that I need to have e.g. a c6msfc2-jo3sv-mz.121-13.E4 image in bootflash in order for the MSFC to work. But how do I get the image into bootflash ? I tried to TFTP it into bootflash from the CatOS command prompt, but I don´t see it in the bootflash directory accessible from the ROMMON prompt of the MSFC after that.

I basically need an instruction on how to get a 6509 with a Supervisor II and an MSFC to work. I checked the Cisco website but could only find to change back from Native to Hybrid. Does anybody have an idea or a good link ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Georg

4 Replies 4

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From the rommon, boot off with the Boot image and then use TFTP to download c6msfc2-jo3sv-mz.121-13.E4 to the MSFC2 bootflash

efrahim
Level 4
Level 4

In boot mode, only one vlan can be active and there is no ip routing, so it is just like 2950 switch if you trying to use the tftp or ftp..