Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

cisco 678

I have a 678 set up to get its ip from my isp (dynamic). I have 2 pc's on the LAN at my house and am needing to hit my home pc from work via pcanywhere. The problem is that the pc's on the lan are DHCPing from the 678 and therefore do not have routable ip's. I am wondering if it is possible using NAT to allow me to connect back to the pc's on my lan and if so what is the procedure and syntax for the commands. I am currently nating incoming but want to nat outgoing trafic as well. I was also considering the option of using ICS and another NIC but wanted to know if it was possible to do it this way before going through all of this. Ideas? Options? Alternatives?

Thanks,

Roger

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: cisco 678

You would need to get a couple more IP's from your ISP and static NAT them to the rfc1918 addresses on your machines you have now. Then those machines will have routable IP address externally and can then be accessed remotely. The only other option I can think of would be to use a VPN to connect to your internal network and that would be a whole lot more secure anyways. The problem is, the 678 doesn't support VPN so you'de need to upgrade the router to an 800 series.

Views
Helpful
Replies