Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7200 VXR

jorgeborreicho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I've got a Cisco 7200 VXR with a 12.3T IOS. This is what happens: I have a switch with 2 routers (Router A - the 7200 and Router B - one 3620) and one firewall. Router B has a static route to Network C via firewall. When a packet arrives at router B with a destination IP from Network C, router B correctly forwards the packet to the firewall. However when I check the firewall for incoming packets I notice that

two identical packets arrive at the firewall. Both with the same source IP but with different source MAC addresses! The MAC from router B and from router A!

How can router A forward a packet a copy of the packet when router B has a static route via firewall?

I really need help on this one...

Thank's you all,

Jorge B.

1 Reply 1

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

Is router A part of Network C? Is there any ships in the night which is forwarding all the traffic from NEtwork C to Router A and router A is routing the traffic to Router B, check for all the details of routing on Router A.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: