cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7204VXR problem

professionale
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing a problem with a Cisco Router 7204VXR with the fastEthernet interface. The board is model PA-2FE-TX (FE2/0 and FE2/1): the FE2/1 seems to work correctly, while I have problems with the FE2/0. After putting it up and as soon as a data traffic greater than a ping passes through it, the interface becomes "frozen", still remaining up. Sometimes this fact causes problems also to the other interface (FE2/1).

I also replaced the board, but the problem remains. I observed the presence of a lot of collisions (in half-duplex mode), while in full duplex-mode neither a ping works.

Thanks in advance for your help

9 Replies 9

I would recommend to check the port settings on the other side of the link (speed, duplex etc). Is it possible to connect Fe2/0 to another switchport or use another patch cable?

//Mikhail Galiulin

I've already tried to set the port to half or full duplex, to set the speed to 10, and to connect this port to another switch and router but nothing is changed.

A ping seems to works properly but with more traffic the interface freezes.

Hi,

Could you please publish the output from "show interface" command...

//Mikhail Galiulin

Hi, I suppose that u want to see the counters on the fa 2/0 while is working, but unfortunatelly i' ve setted it down few days ago couse it was causing some prob to the other interface fa 2/1 (on the same slot) and i had to reboot the router then. It was losing some packets!

Anyway the interface 2/0 was giving me many collision and deferred packets while it was still active!

If u want i can tell u the others board mounted on the router. Or something of other u want to know!

Hi, I suppose that u want to see the counters on the fa 2/0 while is working, but unfortunatelly i' ve setted it down few days ago couse it was causing some prob to the other interface fa 2/1 (on the same slot) and i had to reboot the router then. It was losing some packets!

Anyway the interface 2/0 was giving me many collision and deferred packets while it was still active!

If u want i can tell u the others board mounted on the router. Or something of other u want to know!

Might want to post the config from the 7200. Also check things like make sure you don't something like overlapping address ranges on the interface.

The interfaces do not overlap.

Is there something u want to see in particular of the conf?

Double check your duplex settings on both sides of the link. Do not trust in "auto" on one side while duplex parameter is staticaly defined on another. If it is possible try to hardcode them on both sides. Check the logs on both devices. Check the interface statistic on the other side of the link.

//Mikhail.Galiulin

I' ve already done this try, but nothing is changed, Mikhail.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: