Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 7204VXR routing Issue with PIX

I have Cisco 7204 VXR were I plan to terminate one new satellite link which is got Ethernet interface as output so from the ViaSat Box if I terminate the link on Cisco 7204 VXR one of the Ethernet interface, how will my routing happen I am confused.

After router we have PIX 525 with 3 interface one to Internal, DMZ and outside, currently on the Cisco 7204 VXR we have 2 MBPS internet lease line to ISP from this link customer and partners access to our application. Once the packet come in to the router it is routed to PIX and pix does all the static translation and put it to internal core switch and which in turn switches the traffic to respective VLAN where the application sites and reverse route travels this way like we have a route on the switch route anything to PIX inside interface and on Pix route anything to Cisco 7204 FE interface and on Cisco 7204 route anything to ISP interface.

My question if I terminate a new link on the Cisco 7204 how will routing happen do I need to remove the static and run dynamic routing protocol. My main point is client’s request will come a hit the router and router puts to pix and pix will route the packet to switch and switch will route the traffic to VLAN where the applicate sites. When the same traffic come back I mean reverse route the switch will put to PIX and PIX will put Cisco 7204 which will route to ISP I want the client request that comes from Satellite to travel back on the same route.

Thanks

Khaleel

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Cisco 7204VXR routing Issue with PIX

You can use either static or dynamic routing. It is not evident from your question if the satellite link is used to connect to an ISP or directly to some client. If it directly links to a client, you can configure a static route on the 7204VXR to the client network pointing to the satellite link. If you connect to an ISP, you may want to configure routing on 7204 VXR such that certain destinations are reachable thru the satellite link and others through the 2 MBPS link.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content