Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 7206 VXR router Flash disk

Hi,

I have a Cisco 7206 VXR router with NPE 300 processor. I was trying to replace the existing 16MB PCMCIA card in the I/O controller PCMCIA slot with a new 48MB Flash disk to accomodate a 12.2(T) image but I am unable to format the new Flash disk. Upon entering the command "format slot0:" it prompts me for a Volume label number. Is this normal?

I also noticed that upon doing a "show version" command, the router didn't seem to recognize the new Flash disk, instead it displayed

"0Kb of memory, PCMCIA card"

Please advise.

Thanks,

RAJ

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Cisco 7206 VXR router Flash disk

The command you have entered for formatting the flash disk is wrong. The command "format slot0:" which you have tried is used to format a linear flash card(You have to use disk0 instead of slot0).

To format Flash Disk, insert the new Flash Disk into the required PC Card slot and use the command "format [disk0: | disk1:] ".

You can go through the following document which is very useful:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/7200vx/72vxfru/5819fdsk.htm#21381

Views
Helpful
Replies