Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 801 Router-simple help

ddullaghan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have recently installed onsite a Ciso 801 ISDN Router. Everything is fine until i reset the power on the router. When the router comes back up i can no longer route through it- e.g when i ping it:reply from 192.168.x.x destination net unreachable. I am configuring the router through the Ciso Gui Software 'Fast Setup' (which i have to run each time the router goes down)

2 Replies 2

jamey
Level 4
Level 4

Hmmm...sounds like the configuration isn't saved.

I've never used Fast Setup so I'm not sure how you save the config with it.

To save the config from the command line, telnet into the router's ethernet IP, login by entering the telnet password, you should get to a ROUTER> prompt, type in the command enable, enter the enable password, you should now be at a ROUTER# prompt, type in wr m and press ENTER and that should save the config. To verify the saved config is the same as the running config, from the ROUTER# prompt, type in show running-config and inspect it, then type in show startup-config and check it out...make sure they are the same.

Regards

thanks. much appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: