Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 805 router: small office to ISP

Hi All,

I have configured cisco 805 router for small office to ISP.I created chat-script for this to work. But need some input from you:

Scenario: PC----(e0)Router(s0)---modem-----ISP

1)I can start successful dial-in session by revers telnet to s0( telnet <ip address> 2001), it connects to ISP through modem. I can ping ISP's IP.

2)But cannot ping from my PC to ISP's IP, although I can ping to router's e0 from PC. IP route to Dialer interface( ip router 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 dialer 1).

3)This thing should be DDR, whenever my primary link should fail, any IP packet destained for internet should invoke the chat-script. How can I do it, as I cannot ping from my PC to ISP through router although router's connection is established by modem to ISP.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Cisco 805 router: small office to ISP

This appears to be an address translation issue. Do we have NAT configured on the c805? Can you do an extended ping to the ISP with the sourse ip address of e0.

Maybe we need to configure the 805 using Easy-IP for NAT/ PAT.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/ddreasyip.html

The above config has BRI instead of asyn however the concept of NAT will remain the same.

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Internetworking:NAT&viewall=true

Thanks, Mak.

Re: Cisco 805 router: small office to ISP

Hi Mac,

I have worked with NAT before, in this very case, I did not use it because I put 2 valid IP addresses to routers e0 and PC's lan adapter.

e0-->202.168.254.241

PC-->202.168.254.243

But still, advise me, if I can use the following nat command to my router( from 805 doc):

"ip nat inside source list 1 interface dialer 0 overload"

How can I enable auto dial from my router if primary link should fail?

Thanks for your reply and help.

Richard

Views
Helpful
Replies