Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ns

Cisco 805 Serial Router

I need to know how much traffic this box can handle. It does not say anything about this on it's datasheet on cisco.com. It has a smart serial connection and I want to know if it supports up to 2Mb/E1 speeds.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Niels

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cisco 805 Serial Router

The 805 supports up to 512k Serial connection. If you need 2Mb then you will need to look at a 1601 or a modular router ie. 1700 or 2600...

Hope that helps

3 REPLIES

If it helps, ive tested an 806 with ethernet.

The test consists in

7 different traffic flows, each one variable in packet size, and weight in the total flow. ( I´ve copied this pattern looking a rmon collect in our carrier class customers access switches).

The total flow, had random bursts in its distribution.

The router had configured static and dynamic nat, and a acl.

Getting the proccesor arount 45 and 55% the traffic was between 480 and 590kb aprox.

If you want more details related to this test, please let me know and ill send you the traffic patterns and results.

--

Alexis Fidalgo

Systems Engineer

AT&T Argentina

The 805 supports up to 512k Serial connection. If you need 2Mb then you will need to look at a 1601 or a modular router ie. 1700 or 2600...

Hope that helps

ns

Thanks, this was what I suspected...

Niels

Views
Helpful
Replies