Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Cisco 819HG-4G to Motorola Astro 25 HPD

I have a couple of questions. I am looking into trialing these routers for a vehicle environment. Currently we are trialing a CalAmp Fusion that has a 4G connection with wireless lan, Lan switch and with GPS on the unit. The problem with this setup is the my motorola Astro 25 HPD then is connected to the computer using the ethernet and fusion connected via wireless. So for the connection to be redundant it uses Radio IP Multi point software to basic bond the two connections in case one goes down.

I am currently wondering first does the Cisco 819HG-4G have wireless Lan along with GPS, 4G with EXT antennae capability, WAN port that I can connect the Motorola Astro 25 HPD to, and Switched Ethernet LAN.

Second if I run Primarily on the 4G LTE can I have seamless transition to the Motorola Astro 25 HPD if the 4G LTE goes down?

I want to be able to provide connection both via a docking station in the vehicle and then wireless away from the vehicle using the above technology.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JR

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

You should consult with a reputable / certfied Cisco partner.

Why is that always the answer? Does anyone from Cisco ever put anything into the field or is it always the reputable cisco partner? I would think that Cisco being the source would be the best spot for an answer? Plus the forums I would think would be a better spot in case someone actually has done this combo before.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Cisco 819HG-4G to Motorola Astro 25 HPD

The reason is because your questions are quite advanced and require careful study, planning and even testing. As mentioned before you should seek support from someone with CCIE certification or equivalent experience, be that from your local Cisco sales office, Cisco Partner, or independent consultant.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content