cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 837

dkblee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I just got a new cisco 837 router for internet connection. I'm using dynamic ip. Anyone has any sample & working config that can share with me?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

Maybe if you can tell us what is the goal, then someone can provide a sample configuration. I will assume that you want a sample configuration for NATing do that you can have multiple internal users accessing the Internet using a single public IP address provided by the ISP, in that case this is a working config, this is also cofigured to serve as DHCP server for internal users:

!

ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.99

!

ip dhcp pool private

network 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0

domain-name anynet.com

default-router 192.168.1.1

dns-server

lease 3

!

!

interface Ethernet0

ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

ip nat inside

!

interface Ethernet1

ip address dhcp

ip nat outside

duplex auto

!

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 ethernet1

!

ip nat inside source list 1 interface Ethernet1 overload

!

access-list 1 permit 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255

Please rate all posts.

Hi! I've tried the config above and plug in on host to the ethernet port on the router, but the host can't even get an ip from the router. The host is configure with dhcp enabled.Any idea?

Will the config above work without any username and password to connect to the internet?

Pls advise. Thanks.

Hi! Sorry, the issue of not getting an ip from dhcp is that i didn't do a "no shut" in the ethernet 0 interface.

So, how do i connect to the internet from here if there's no username and password configure in the router? In addition to that i do not have the interface ethernet1, but i do have an atm and dialer interface.

pls advise. Thanks.