Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco 876W Router - Wireless Comms Problem

I have the following physical sratus...

PC -> Wireless Card -> Router 876W (192.168.100.1)-> Sitch -> AccessPoint -> ....wireless..... -> Access Point -> Modem/Router (192.168.0.1) -> ADSL Line

On this configuration with the above IPs i have create a VLan on 876W with IP 192.168.100.1 and the some subnet has my PC 192.168.100.2.

When i am connectin to the router through a cable on Port 1 (on posrt 0 is plugged in the Switch with the Wirelless Access Point) everythink is ok and the router is routing any packet to the other network (192.168.0.1). So by asking http://192.168.100.1 from my pc i been redirect to http://192.168.0.1 and everyone is huppy.

Now i want to have the some routing when i am connecting through my PCI Wireless Card. But instead of this the only think i can see through wireless card is the router at 192.168.100.1. How can i make the router to route any packets it gets on dot1q interface to port 0, so to be able to see 192.168.0.1?

Actually i want to connect on router two user wireless and one user with cable.

Pls could somebody help me??? I am new on networking... and i am little confused...

I am sending the current config of router

--- That's the fith POST in the forum ---

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Cisco 876W Router - Wireless Comms Problem

To deploy wireless routing, first of all ur routers should be wireless supporting routers.There r some cisco routers say for example Aironet 15000 router that supports wireless routing.

So, let me know what r the routers u use?.I may want to ensure first whether they support wireless routing.

Re: Cisco 876W Router - Wireless Comms Problem

Hi,

i am uploading a .doc with the topology of the network, and two config files.

The file Config_1_BVI1.txt describes the configuration with witch i am able to surf on the net (and reply to you...).

The file Config_2_Dot11Radio.txt describes the configuration that i tried to create. Unfortuinatelly is not working...

Please any good idea??? I have spend many days trying to solve my problem...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content