Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 877 maximum VLAN & QoS Bugs???

stevep
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am currently configuring a Cisco 877 router and I believe that I have run into a software bug with the 877.

The unit shipped with IOS 124-4.T2, I was able to configure 4 additional VLANs to the default VLAN through the VLAN database as expected and everything was working fine until I tried to apply my QoS service-policy to the Dialer Interface. Unexpectedly the router suffered a software forced reload and dumped it's output to flash. When the unit came up again I tried to apply the service-policy, same story the unit crashed.

I then downloaded 124-6.T1 and proceeded to recreate my VLANS, the VLAN.dat file copied successfully back to flash but the VLANS were not visible? (yet another bug??) When trying to recreate my VLANS as I added the fifth VLAN the following error occured.

*****UKBURL877-001(vlan)#vlan 5 name Guest*****

*****Vlan can not be added. Maximum number of 4 vlan(s) in the database.*****

I have now just upgraded to 124-6.T2 (release date 18/05) and when adding in the fifth VLAN the same error as above occurs.

I didn't even bother trying to add the service-policy after the IOS upgrades as my project requires 5 VLANs in total.

Anbody else running into the same bug?????

When my Smartnet comes through i'm going to open up a TAC on this but until then I was hoping that somebody out there might have an answer. ; )

TIA

Steve.

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

As per CCO it does support a max no of 4 VLANs do refer this link for the same.

About the QOS policy can you paste (the relevant QOS class maps & policy map config)what you are trying to do over there ?

regds

Hi,

The following is taken fron the Q&A with regards to the Cisco 870 series router.

Q.What does the integrated 10/100 switch provide?

A.All models have an integrated 10/100 4-port switch. Cisco 870 series provide a Managed Switch with upto four 802.1Q VLANs in addition to

a default VLAN; each switch port could be assigned to a different VLAN as desired.

The service-policy follows:

policy-map RB-SPLIT-TUNNEL

class HTTP

priority percent 50

class INTERNETWORK-CONTROL

bandwidth percent 5

class BRANCH-NET-MGMT

bandwidth percent 5

class CORPORATE

bandwidth percent 14

class P2P

drop

class SQL-SLAMMER

drop

class WORMS

drop

class SCAVENGER

bandwidth percent 1

class class-default

bandwidth percent 25

I have successfully applied this policy to a number of 837's with success, but as mentioned previous I forces the 877 into a software forced reload.

Thanks.

Hi There

I ran into a simlar issue.

You can use 4 VLAN's excluding VLAN 1 if you include VLAN 1 you can use 5 vlans.

VLAN 1 is always there and can not be removed.

Thanks

Bevin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: