cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CDA error

todda
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to add a Domain to our Cisco CDA appliance. I have made all of the modifications recommended on the install to the Domain Controllers, but it will not communicate. I am getting the following error in the log:

org.jinterop.winreg.smb.JIWinRegStub.winreg_OpenHKCR(JIWinRegStub.java:134)
org.jinterop.dcom.core.JIComServer.initialise(JIComServer.java:509)
org.jinterop.dcom.core.JIComServer.<init>(JIComServer.java:445)
com.cisco.cda.rt.adobserver.adobserver.jinteropUtil.getWmiLocator(jinteropUtil.java:42)
com.cisco.cda.rt.adobserver.adobserver.EventsThread.QueryWMIProperty(EventsThread.java:81)
com.cisco.cda.rt.adobserver.adobserver.EventsThread.getNetBIOS(EventsThread.java:169)
com.cisco.cda.rt.adobserver.adobserver.EventsThread.extractDCData(EventsThread.java:201)
com.cisco.cda.rt.adobserver.adobserver.EventsThread.run(EventsThread.java:605)
dc-hostname
UKDC01.mydomain.co.uk/#.#.#.#
dc-name
UKDC01
exception-cause
jcifs.smb.SmbException: A duplicate name exists on the network.
wmi-class
Win32_NTDomain
exception-message
Message not found for errorCode: 0xC00000BD
wmi-property
DomainName
dc-username
 cdauser

3 Replies 3

Tom Foucha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you restart after the registry modifications? I've found that necessary in certain cases. 

Thank you for the reply Tommy.

I have rebooted the Domain controllers on this Domain after making the registry permission changes. I have reason to believe that there is a problem with NetBIOS resolution on this Domain involving one of the Domain controllers. I am focusing on that as a possible source of the "Duplicate name" that is causing the issue.

This issue has been confirmed as a stale NetBIOS entry for one of the Domain controllers in the relevant domain. Once we corrected this, the CDA was able to communicate correctly with the DC's.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco