cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CDA error

todda
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to add a Domain to our Cisco CDA appliance. I have made all of the modifications recommended on the install to the Domain Controllers, but it will not communicate. I am getting the following error in the log:

org.jinterop.winreg.smb.JIWinRegStub.winreg_OpenHKCR(JIWinRegStub.java:134)
org.jinterop.dcom.core.JIComServer.initialise(JIComServer.java:509)
org.jinterop.dcom.core.JIComServer.<init>(JIComServer.java:445)
com.cisco.cda.rt.adobserver.adobserver.jinteropUtil.getWmiLocator(jinteropUtil.java:42)
com.cisco.cda.rt.adobserver.adobserver.EventsThread.QueryWMIProperty(EventsThread.java:81)
com.cisco.cda.rt.adobserver.adobserver.EventsThread.getNetBIOS(EventsThread.java:169)
com.cisco.cda.rt.adobserver.adobserver.EventsThread.extractDCData(EventsThread.java:201)
com.cisco.cda.rt.adobserver.adobserver.EventsThread.run(EventsThread.java:605)
dc-hostname
UKDC01.mydomain.co.uk/#.#.#.#
dc-name
UKDC01
exception-cause
jcifs.smb.SmbException: A duplicate name exists on the network.
wmi-class
Win32_NTDomain
exception-message
Message not found for errorCode: 0xC00000BD
wmi-property
DomainName
dc-username
 cdauser

3 Replies 3

Tom Foucha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you restart after the registry modifications? I've found that necessary in certain cases. 

Thank you for the reply Tommy.

I have rebooted the Domain controllers on this Domain after making the registry permission changes. I have reason to believe that there is a problem with NetBIOS resolution on this Domain involving one of the Domain controllers. I am focusing on that as a possible source of the "Duplicate name" that is causing the issue.

This issue has been confirmed as a stale NetBIOS entry for one of the Domain controllers in the relevant domain. Once we corrected this, the CDA was able to communicate correctly with the DC's.