Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Cisco Express 500 - Reset Default

I was testing a new Cat Express 500 (WS-CE500-24TT)

I’m trying to reset the Cisco Express 500 24-TT switch back to factory default. When I follow the direction in the manual it does not work.

The problem arose when I configured the switch out of the box. After going thru the set-up process, I tried to set the machine to a local IP address (192.168.1.233), subnet mask, hostname, etc. This seemed to not take when clicking submit. The information never saved and when going thru IE after wards the IP address showing in IE was 192.168.1.251 which not what I wanted. In IPconfig the IP address of 192.168.1.251 is the DNS server

So I tired to reset the switch and now I cannot get back into the management screen.

The PC is set to 192.168.1.0/24 network.

The Internet Explorer is set with NO proxy, does not block pops, and not personal firewall.

The set up light continues to blink and the reset screen never comes up as show in the manual.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY
VIP Purple

Re: Cisco Express 500 - Reset Default

Hello,

apparently the device manager is the only way to reset the switch to factory defaults...

Can you try the Cisco Network Assistant to connect to the switch ? You can download the software here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5931/index.html

Regards,

GP

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content