cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Cisco IOS error in 2621 Router

what is the extension ofthe IOS file in 26211 router

When i try to copy flash tftp(from 2621)which shows error opening c2600-i-mz.120-7.T (this is the flash file name in Router).Is it the file..or any correption

How d i backup my Router flash.....

when i try to copy running config to tftp from 2948g L3 switch it perfectly coping and also IOS..but when it stors in TFTP which shows icon as a notepad icon..startup config file i can open in notepad.If try the same from tftp to flash will it work..

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Cisco IOS error in 2621 Router

The error opening the file could be a problem on the TFTP server configuration. Be sure to (1) check your routing with PING the TFTP server from the 2621, and (2) ensure you can send files to the TFTP server from other devices.

BTW, there is no strict file naming convention for IOS images stored in Flash. There is, however, a file naming convention on CCO, which we recommend that you adhere to when saving files in flash, so they can be easily identified by others. Ordinarily, you'll see ".bin" at the end of the file name, so the file could be rendered as "c2600-i-mz.120-7.T.bin", in your case. Again, you could choose to save the file differently, so the content of Flash are what you should go by. If you issue the Exec command "show flash", you'll see the file name precisely as it is stored. Make sure the file you're trying to copy is not deleted.

If I understand your comments regarding files copied appearing as having a notepad icon, this is simply MS Windows interpreting the file extension and is *not* an accurate gauge of the actual file type.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content