Views
Helpful
Replies

**CISCO IOS UPGRADE**

jortizbjj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Currently I have (2) 2621 (running IOS12.1) routers and (2) 3550 switches and studing for my CCENT.  I need to upgrade the IOS's on all of them but I do not have a service contract or warranty with cisco.  They were purchased on EBAY.  The DHCP Feature is not working on the routers.  I am unable to setup DHCP pools or set the DHCP feature when configuring an interface.  Is there a work around for this or a way to upgrade the IOS? I am just trying to share my home internet, to 3 workstations on my switch. 

Thanks

Joe

6 Replies 6

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Joe

I am afraid that there is not an answer to this question that will make you happy. Without a service contract there is not a legitimate way to get the IOS upgraded. That is one of the issues when purchasing equipment from sources like EBAY that you get the equipment "as is" and upgrades are problematic.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

thank you

We have a service contract but our service provider is unable to provide software as the device is end of life

Is there no way that you can purchase ios upgrades individually?

Perhaps I have missed something. But if the device is at end of life that says that there are no upgrades available for it. So how would purchase of individual upgrades help?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Richard,

Although the device is EoL there are more recent ios versions available than the one which we are running. So although the ios version I'm trying to get will have vulnerabilities, there will be fewer than the ios version that I'm currently running

If the device is covered by a service contract and if there are software updates that are available then I do not understand why your service provider is not able to get the software update for you.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: