Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco IOS

I am not familiar with Cisco Routers but have used other types for many years. I have inherited a Point-to-Point connection with 1721 routers at each end. I have been wading through the documentation for two days to find out how to add a simple static route to the configuration.

Login

password

ENABLE

password

CONFIGURE TERMINAL

Then >> IP ROUTE 199.106.65.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.254.100

Ctrl-Z

Then I do a Show Config

My route is not there?!?!?! I must be missing some step but I can't figure out what.!!!

Can someone take pity on me and tell what I am doing wrong, or point me to the correct forum??!!!

Thanks

Greg

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
4 REPLIES

Re: Cisco IOS

Do a show run ? Do you see it ? or what about "show ip route"

Cisco Employee

Is the interface that the packet will go out Up/Up. In addition, can you ping 192.168.254.100 ?? The router has to know which interface to take before it will add the route. Do a 'show ip route 192.168.254.100' does the router know how to get there???

Thank you both.

It seems that the "Show Config" command defaults to the NVRAM Config. Show run does show the correct route and I found the Copy running to nvram command to update the NVRAM and now Show Config does show my new route.

Thanks for the help

GR

IF you show config,maybe use "show run".I think you must config the interface's ip ,and config static route and up the line.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.