cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISDN Router

nicholsrn
Level 1
Level 1

I think I have the 776 Installed at this site. The main question I have is this.. I have the router hard set to goto a particilar IP on the other side of the router.. Now I have a need to install a second router on site, this router will do a VPN tunnel to the same office, but access the windows2000 server instead of the sco unix. Now, my question is .. what would I have to do on the 776 to tell it any other traffic than the one IP that that router directs traffic to, be sent to the other router? I guess I'm trying to figure out what kind of routing table I would have to setup if they were looking for the internet .. goto the VPN router.. if they were looking for the whole IP range of the other office goto the VPN router..

Thanks..

nichols

1 Reply 1

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Put a default route on 776 router pointing to the second router. All traffic going to internet, will be matched by default route and send to the second router. All specific to the other other office will be routed by 776. (for this you need either static routes or routing protocol between 776 and other office).

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: