Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco LRE equipment limitations

Can anyone tell me what happens to the throughput of the LRE link whne the link length exceeds the 5000ft limit? Does the throughput speed just reduce with the greater distance or does the service just stop working??

2 REPLIES

Re: Cisco LRE equipment limitations

If the distance exceeds the 5000ft(1.5 Km), I think the service will just stop.

I had this situation I tried to connect two site with 1.7 Km (5400ft)between them ,I couldnot !! the max. distance allowed is 1.5Km , and in this case you will get no more than 5 Mbps bandwidth.

If you have a way to increase the max distance please tell me :)

Ali

ali_k77@hotmail.com

Re: Cisco LRE equipment limitations

Here is Australia we do a lot of work for a major Telco, they have developed a tool which works out the theoretical distance which a service can work. We are only talking about 2Mbit/s symmetrical stuff here but. You basically put in the known cable distances and the conductor size and the tool spits out a max distance based on the working frequency and the calculated loss on the cable. eg @ 292kHz you can send 2Mbits bi-directional 1600m on 0.40mmsq conductors or 2200m on 0.64mmsq conductors.

Does anyone know the operating frequency of the LRE gear???? I can then modify the tool and see if we can get around the 1500m rule with a larger cable conductor size.

Views
Helpful
Replies